A Few Of Our Former Pitchers
Pro Pitching is dedicated to providing individualized and long term training for pitchers who are serious about their development. Our success rate is unmatched not only in Mississippi, but our region as well. Our program includes pitchers from all parts of Mississippi and surrounding states. Pro Pitching has produced 13 MLB players and countless others who have advanced to MiLB or College. To be the best pitcher you can be, you need the best instruction you can get. You don't need a pitching lesson, you need consistent training. Pitchers come from all over Mississippi and nearby states to train at Pro Pitching. Click on the SCHEDULE tab to see openings.
Pro Pitching Seasonal Summaries
Our program is designed to take a pitcher through the entire year. We train and guide pitchers to develop…
We adapt what we do each week with each individual pitcher according to his schedule (practice, school and tournament games). Like nothing you’ve seen anywhere!!! Our program is unique to us and has been designed through our experience (coaching, training, professional baseball) and current reliable research… primarily, ASMI (American Sports Medicine Institute, Dr. James Andrews / Dr. Gene Fleisig) and Cressey Performance Sports (Eric Cressey). All of our instructors have D1 College and Professional baseball experience.
* Progressive non-skill work...
Delivery and pitch development
* Weighted balls and Velocity training
* Development of proper drill and practice routines
* Prep work for those participating in games / showcases
* Progressive mound work
#2 - Pitchers who have a no-throwing period during the Fall
* Workouts 1-3 will be light drill work to begin ramp up
* Workouts 4-6 will be light mound work to develop pitches
* Suggested… should be on our Spring Schedule
* For pitchers who want to extend Fall workouts or pitchers who need an early ramp up to prepare for the Spring season.
* Delivery and pitch development
* Velocity training
* January will be continuation of ramp up and mound work with development of routines
* Remainder of the Spring will be to prepare pitchers weekly for games and develop and maintain practice routines
* Transition period for all pitchers coming off their spring season
* Prep work for those who will have tournaments or showcases. Will include drills, routines, mound work, pitch maintenance, delivery maintenance
* For pitchers who will be playing fall tournaments or showcases
* In lieu of a no-throwing period because not enough time between the end of summer games / showcases to fall games / showcases.
* 2 days / week
* Note: 1 month off (no throwing) will require 3-4 month to ramp back up to regain arm strength, health, delivery, pitches, and velocity. Not safe to do a no-throwing period and participate in games or showcases without 3 months prep work (research according to ASMI and Motus)